Feeling frustrated or slightly disappointed in the turnout at your last golf tournament? Don’t fret! Here’s 7 of our favorite tips for marketing and advertising your golf tournament!
1. Set a goal! When planning your golf tournament, it’s important to identify and write down specific goals that you would like to achieve. And while you’re at it, consider setting up a multi-year plan so you can track your progress!
2. Know the famous phrase “Location, Location, Location“? Well, it applies to golf tournaments too! To help your tournament stand out, make sure to take the location into careful consideration. Don’t hesitate to scope out multiple golf courses/golf clubs until you find the one that suits the needs of your business/organization’s golf tournament best.
3. Having celebrity guests at your tournament can be a real plus — not only is it exciting for all of your players and other attendees, but it makes you, as a tournament director, look more credible. And dont worry, you don’t necessarily need Kim Kardashian or Tom Cruise on your guest list … depending on your community, local “celebrities” such as news reporters, radio show hosts, city and state officials will be just as big of hit with your tournament participants.
4. Indentify who will be on your committee. Here is one situation where the more hands you have, the better (And don’t forget to think in terms of who can help you with achieveing your goals…)
5. Get social! If you haven’t already, this is the year to create a presence on the big social media sites such as Facebook, YouTube and Twitter. These pages take very little time to set up and they’re a great way to not only help advertise and recognize new sponsors but also attract new, younger golfers to your event as well! When it comes to Facebook, encourage people to ‘like’ your event page by offering them a chance at a sweepstakes prize (i.e. “Like us to win a free driver!”) These are all great ways to freely advertise… and with services like PayPal, you can even allow your players to register online through your website! Talk about simple!…
6. Sell It! Identify your potential players and sponsors and get out there and SELL it. (Read more about this here on our blog on March 16th at 11am PST).
7. Sweeten the Pot … Adding the chance to win multiple giant prizes is an effective tactic for generating buzz about your event. Adding a $25,000 putting contest or giving every player the chance to win a new car is sure to help you attract attention to your event.
If you’re interested in learning more, don’t hesitate to contact us at 800-827-2249 or send us an email! We’d love to help make your next tournament a success!