Debating on whether to hold your golf tournament at a public or private golf course? Not sure which would be the best fit for your organization? Read on as we highlight the main features of both types of courses and by the time you’re finished reading this blog post, you’ll be able to make some informed decisions!
Public Golf Courses
- Less expensive than a private course
- Easier access to the facility (no membership needed)
- Gives you the ability to find/support lesser-known courses and find the smaller ‘gems’ in your area
- Usually not as well-managed/maintained as private golf courses
- Does not offer as many feaures or ammenities as a private course
- More crowded than a private golf course
Private Golf Courses
- More features/amenities (i.e. showers, restaurants, private lessons, massages, etc.)
- Better maintained and generally more scenic
- Less crowded; higher chance of having the course to yourself
- Requires monthly membership fees; more expensive than public golf courses
- Limitation of play (not as open or available as a public golf course)
- If you eventually find that you’re not enjoying your experience, you’re locked into a membership
A happy medium between the two would also be a high-end golf resort. These golf resorts will sometimes host charity golf events at no charge, so it’s definitely worth looking into!
Have any other questions about the differences between holding your golf outing at a public or private golf course? Feel free to give us a call at 800-827-2249 and we’d be happy to answer them for you! You can always email us as well. Good luck!